Saturday, August 27, 2011

Leaving By Choice

You want to go back to the army early. After all the weeks apart I finally have you back for 4 days and you want to go back already. You don't know what to do with yourself when no ones telling you what to do. You're bored as fuck because your life is now consumed with the army. Your life is back there - I understand that, I do. But telling me bluntly you just want to go back and leave earlier than you have too? It hurts a bit. I was under the impression you would be thrilled to be back, just do nothing all day, relax. No pre-dawn starts, no sleeping in a foot of snow, no getting orders yelled at you. Forgive me for assuming something so absurd.
I do not, for the life of me understand you. In some respects I feel I don't know you as well as I should. I'm not in your life enough to have that right I suppose.
I don't know about you, I just don't.
The army is breaking you though.
It's changing you.

No comments: