Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We teetered on the edge of break up recently. You were dealing with just so much shit you couldn't deal with it. Couldn't deal with being away from me. Couldn't handle the persistent paranoid thoughts of me being with someone else. I don't even think about it. You know that. I know you trust me. But everything got to much. The mental pressure you were so obviously under made you a different person. You cracked. To you, something had to give - to you, that was me. You said it wouldn't make you happier. You said it would maybe help you focus on your intense training. You said it wasn't because you wanted to get with anyone else. You said it was because I was always on your mind that you were distracted and distant from your work.
I let you think.
I didn't want to "convince" you into anything - while I was devastated at your sudden approach toward me, I knew deep down you didn't want me gone. You were still telling me you loved me, but you just couldn't deal with everything right now.
You must have realized leaving me was not going to help your situation. Only hinder if anything.
You snapped out of it and now still you continue apologize for your mental state of mind.

You're home next week for just over 10 days.
While I'm stoked about that. You also told me if you get into alpha company as a top recruit you could get deployed to Afghanistan as soon as next October. Chances are high.

No comments: